Best UK Broadband Offers - Top Tips
Looking for the best broadband offer currently on the market? Most of us are. Here are some no-nonsense tips on finding and selecting the best broadband deal...
1. Check out Broadband UK Comparison Sites. There are dozens of Web sites listing the latest broadband providers. Some of them stay alert and keep up to date with the latest UK broadband offers from the large ISPs - others, simply slap up pages and they remain outdated for a long time.
2. Make Note of The Introductory Pricing Period. In the highly competitive UK broadband access market, providers are competing for customer's share of wallet - they want your custom - then they want to lock you in to their service - maximising the profit they make from you. All business, of course.
A common marketing strategy is to offer new ISP customers attractive price discounts for the first few months of broadband service. Be very sure to find out how long any price promotion will last. It could well be that signing up to a year's worth of service will in fact cost more than the other service you were thinking of (the one without the cunning temporary price-reduction marketing ploy).
3. Check Out The Best Broadband News Sites. There are a handful of broadband news sites on the Web which stay up to date on the latest happenings in the ISP, broadband, telephony, VoIP and related industries. Check them out. If a provider has a deal, some of the best news sites will post a news item tipping you off.
4. Is Broadband Equipment Included? Many broadband services offer free modem or router equipment. Other ISPs charge you for the equipment, or let you borrow the equipment for as long as you use their broadband connection package. Always factor equipment costs into the final 'Cost of Service'.
5. Are There Any Set-Up or Connection Fees? Are there any set-up / connection fees? Companies can offer free set-up [which usually comes with a minimum 12 month contract], or a monthly contract - where equipment and set-up fees more often apply.
GET THE LATEST BROADBAND NEWS AND TIPS
Andy James is the editor of Broadband Zilla - The UK's essential broadband comparison and news resource. Read the informative UK Broadband Guide and get the Latest Broadband News.
Sign up now, to Broadband Adviser - essential tips and advice on ADSL, ADSL 2+, Cable, Wireless, VoIP... and receive great time and money-saving broadband information.