Sky Broadband ? What they offer in the UK
Sky Broadband is a company that provides high broadband connections for computers to customers through a satellite communication provider called Sky Digital whose parent company is BSkyB. Both services are offered to customers only in the U.K. and Ireland. The company was founded in the year 2006 and by October 2007 had reached the homes and businesses of over 1million customers. By the first part of 2008 the company reports to have over 1.4 million customers and was able to offer service coverage to as much as 70% of the U.K. James Murdoch who is the current chief non-executive chairman of BSkyB has said that there are future plans to put broadband together with a Sky+ HD to give their customers on-demand services.
Being an award winning company allows it to offer its customers fast connection speed with the customerÕs option to choose the package that will best fit the their lifestyle. Some of the benefits customers can get from using the company are:
1. High Speed internet packages that range from a Base package which offers up to 2MB, Mid package with up to 8MB and the Max package that comes with up to 16MB. The base package is free as long as you subscribe to their program called Sky Talk; otherwise there is a fee for the base package. All other packages offered have monthly fees associated with them.
2. Wireless is included free with your service along with wireless broadband
3. Consistent internet speed without any downtime or slow connections during peak usage hours
4. Ability to watch the same channels in another room (with added box)
5. Customers can bundle broadband with internet telephone service through Sky Talk
6. Ability to play online games via a personal gaming console (like PS2, Xbox, as well as other brands)
7. 12 months free online security offered to new customers with McAfee
8. Ability to use Sky Email that is offered to customers with up to 10 email addresses
There are many online opportunities for help via their online help page. Their online help page allows their customer to access broadband online help articles to try and self diagnose trouble. The online Help Centre offers customers help with getting online with their system, help with connection problems, help with equipment problems or issues as well as help with security. Customers also find it very useful to be able to call the company directly to talk to a live customer service representative and there is a help page that lists a telephone number for contact to the company for help as well as an email address for online direct contact. Customers uniformly say Sky Broadband offers exceptional service and technical support 24/7 all year long. The company also won the BroadbandChoices, co.uk customer satisfaction survey that was taken in conjunction with PointTopic Ltd Broadband User Service in 2008. They have also been voted as Best Deal for You in 2008 through uSwitch and their Broadband Awards.